Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cookie Day





Every year we (my mom, dad, sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews) get together before Christmas to make cookies. We have pizza, decorate cookies and the kids all enjoy playing with each other.

Well, I spent last night making cutout sugar cookies, 93 of them. The dough just keeps going and going. This morning I did some rearranging of tables. I moved the dining room table into the kitchenette area so the kids would not be on the carpet with the colored frosting. Then I moved the kitchenette table into the kitchen area for extra counter space. The table was a little cramped but it worked.

My kids are the youngest of the group so sometimes I have to remind the older kids that my kids are not toys. Other than that they all had fun playing and rough housing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! Looks like you all had a great time.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE this... I would totally 'borrow' your idea and impliment it down here, but I'm moving. (Pouty lip) I'll just have to tuck that in my back pocket and take to Texas with me.
Great tradition.

Thompson Tales said...

What a great family tradition!! Looks like a lot of fun...have a wonderful Christmas!!