Monday, May 3, 2010

Desserts

Now that I have a mixer and no longer have to stir things with a spoon or whisk I love making new things. Meringue is my favorite right now because lets face it whisking the egg whites to a stiff peak by hand is killer on anybody's arm/shoulder.

This is a picture of the cupcakes with lemony meringue topping that Trinity and I made together. They were very light and fluffy. The best part was they were not nearly as sweet as normal cupcakes with frosting.


Here is my Key Lime Meringue Pie that I made this completely from scratch. This was my first time I ever attempted making a pie from scratch. I even sat and squeezed the Key Limes to get the juice.


Tomorrow Nicholas are going to make a strawberry pie of some sort. If it turns out I will be posting pictures of that too =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yummy yummy yummy! sounds like the perfect summer treat.

Thompson Tales said...

I can't believe that you have waited this long to get a mixer!!! Your pies look delish, your mom must be very proud of you!!