Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hiking - Rain - Kids

Cell phone picture Eagle Creek
My younger brother Jacob has been driving truck all over the country for the past several months. He took a month break and came back home for awhile. We were able to go on a few hikes together. We hiked the Ape Caves with Cody (our nephew) and a couple of Jacob's friends. I had my camera but it wasn't working in the caves. It was very dark (can't see your hand in front of your face) and damp in there. I couldn't see that my lens was fogged up or I would have wiped it off and been able to take pictures.

Jacob and I decided that he was leaving soon so we wanted to get one more hike in. We invited other people to come with us but they decided not to go due to the fact that it was pouring down rain! We hiked 12 miles of Eagle Creek. The waterfalls were awesome and worth the muddy and wet clothes we had by the time we got back to the car. I was sore for a few days after this hike.

We have had record breaking rain this June. We have broke the record for rainfall in June (half way through the month.) We broke the record for May and June combined rainfall by the 4th of June. I love the rain but would like to have a nice summer too.

I took the kids to the Dr for their yearly check ups. Nicholas is doing great! He is getting ready for Kindergarten, which includes getting his shots (4 of them) He is in the 97th percentile for his weight and height. Trinity has been struggling with her hay fever this year. We are trying to find a good combo of medicines (natural and over the counter) to keep her feeling well. She is in the 25th percentile for her height and weight. She is coming to the end of her Kindergarten year and is looking forward to 1st grade.

Trinity took a rock climbing class which she loved! Dominick and I asked her what kind of class she wanted to take. We read off a list of things from our park and recs booklet. She really wanted to do the rock climb class. We were a little surprised that she choose that but she did great.

Nicholas has really started LOVING computer games. I try to make sure the games he plays are educational but Dominick lets him play World of Warcraft from time to time. Nicholas begs me on a daily basis to log in and let him play WOW. I think we have a computer geek in the making =)

One of the few nice days we had

cell phone picture while hiking eagle creek

No comments: