Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Joys of Gardening

I've spent hours today working in the garden. Getting it all ready to transfer potted plants into the ground. I broke my weeding tool when I was almost half way done. My back hurts from all the bending over. We didn't grow a garden last year. So I have to catch up from the neglect last year.
Trinity was "helping" me for a while. Her helping was pointing out all of the worms, spiders, etc. and making sure I didn't smash them. Then our next door neighbor (Trinity's best friend) came home from school and wanted Trinity to come over and play.
Nicholas was taking a nap for the most part. When he woke up he played on the back patio far from the dirty mess I was in.
Dominick got home from work and I was like I broke the weed thing. He was like "so you want me to go buy a new one?" I was like "yes, but get a crowl (I think that is when it's called) instead of the other thing because it didn't work very well anyway."
I really wanted to finish today because I am thinking that tomorrow my back will hurt more than it does right now. Either way it needs to be all ready this weekend.
I just can't wait for the nice fresh vegetables to eat on this summer.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great Job Yvonne!
We were selling our home... so the garden thing didn't get started this year. But, definately next year. It's Dominick's turn to give you a backrub after all those hours of garden-preping you did today!