Thursday, August 14, 2008

HOT!

When it's hot outside what do you do? Go find some water to play in!

I took my kids and Rachael (my niece) to the lake today. I think Trinity and Rachael kept each other entertained and wore each other out. Nicholas really doesn't play in the water like Trinity does so she doesn't think he is very fun to play with at the lake.


Nicholas took a really long nap when we got home. Trinity and Rachael played at our house while he slept. Then when we took Rachael home Trinity slept in the car all the way to her house. Trinity continued her nap all the way to the restaurant we were meeting people at for dinner.

For dinner we met my family; Mom, Dad, Jordon, Jared, Ammon and Jared's friend Brook at Tiger's Garden, really good Thai food. Dominick tried a new thai food which was cashew stirfry w/chicken. He normally gets pad thai noodles w/chicken. I had the Green Curry w/chicken and it was delicious. Trinity had her favorite sticky rice (we also asked her to eat some chicken). Nicholas ate his weight in sticky rice and chicken. I almost got him to eat a salad roll (tofu with vegetables) basically an egg roll that is not fried. Of course at a Thai restaurant on a hot day you have to get an iced thai tea.

We had a good day. Trinity and I don't mind the heat but Nicholas and Dominick don't like to be too hot or too cold.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun day... we are heading to a pool today at Charlie's apt. Kiddos are super excited.
I am impressed that your kids are 'restaraunt worthy'. My kiddos are getting close but not quite there. (I mean able to eat, not make a huge mess and not interupt everyone else in the restaraunt.)

Mom of 2 in the Couve said...

The kids were super tired too. We had our fingers crossed hoping they would behave. We thought they would be hard to deal with. I think it also helps that when we go out we have them sit across the table from each other instead of next to each other.