Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good choice

I was wanting something sweet and yummy to eat tonight. I don't keep junk food in my house because if it's not there you can't eat it. So, I go to my pantry and find 2 cans of frosting (cherry and confetti) a box of cake mix and two bags of cookie mix that my Mother-in-Law brought over for the kids today. I was ready to grab the confetti frosting and a spoon until I remembered that in my refrigerator I had a bag of cuties.


I peeled and ate 2 of those little cuties and that fixed my craving for sweet and yummy.

On a side note my Mother-in-Law thinks it is horrible that I don't keep sugar filled cookies and snacks in my house at all times. She also always brings a bottle of juice for the kids when she babysits because I don't buy juice all the time. I do buy juice more often than candy and cookies but juice is a treat for my kids not something they have everyday. They drink milk and water and eat as much fruits and vegetables as they want each day.

My kids are happy and overall pretty healthy.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nothing wrong with that at all. My kiddos rarely have juice and they have NEVER had soda.
I limit their sugar snacks... but they can have HUGE bowls of popcorn and fruits/veggies. Crys figured this out and now chooses the good stuff so she can eat more. Whatever works... ;o)

Mrs Smith said...

We try and do the same thing too. We buy fruit snacks and crackers and eventually we are going to replace the chips with unlimited fresh veggies! Cody says he's going to go on a hunger strike. I told him, he's the only one that will suffer from that. The juice is limited too to one small glass a day.