Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Making Tornadoes

I ordered some books from scholastic books through Trinity's school a few weeks ago. We got the books a few days ago. One of the books I ordered was all about tornadoes and hurricanes. It came with a little plastic thing that connects two 2 liter bottles together to make tornadoes.

I read the book to the kids and then we made our own tornadoes. The kids had fun playing with it.

While the kids took turns sharing and watching the swirling tornado go I got some more stuff done to get ready for tomorrows Thanksgiving. I love cheap entertainment.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks cool. nicoles and tren shod show me how to make one.

Mrs Smith said...

Speaking of cheap entertainment. Rachael has a science book too and today she turned dirty pennies into shiney ones with salt and vinegar.

Unknown said...

Ryan wants to make volcanoes that erupt in our kitchen :)Maybe after the holidays I might let him.
Happy Thanksgiving to you

Stephanie said...

That is nice that they make a contraption to hold the two bottles together. I can't count how many YARDS of duct tape I have used to hold the two bottles together. Being a den leader has led me to creative ways of getting things done...