Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No more chubby baby cheeks =(

(Nicholas at about 5 months)

As we were driving to Trinity's school today the kids were talking in the back seat. Trinity said "Mom, we can't call Nicholas, 'Chubby Cheeks' anymore." I haven't called him that in a long time but Trinity does every now and then.

It made me a little sad to think that my chubby baby is no longer a baby and not really chubby anymore. He's a big boy and likes to do things by himself. Although, when he gets tired he still grabs his blanket (that is now falling apart) sucks his fingers and wants to cuddle.

I can buy his shirts in the 'boys' sections of the store now instead of the baby/toddler section. He can get himself dressed. It's good that he is getting more independent because he has to learn to do things on his own. Next year he will be in preschool. It's just bitter sweet.

(Nicholas at about 3 months)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute cheeks... he's a handsome big boy now. I just had to change my family stick figures on facebook and make Tiny-T into a little girl instead of a baby. Dang it... it's great that they are growing up... but holy cow, so fast!

Mrs Smith said...

Ha Ha. I forgot how chubby he was. He's still a cutie though.

Unknown said...

WOW THATS A HUGE DIFFERINC FROM NOW.I DON'T REMEMBER HIS CHEKS BEING HUGE.