Saturday, November 8, 2008

She's only in preschool!

Ok so Trinity had some questions for me today. Thanks to "Google" I could answer her correctly in a way she could understand.

Where does wind come from? Now I knew this one but I wanted to double check with Google and show some pictures to Trinity. I explained it was warm air and cool air and air pressure. I did a few examples for her with a lap and talcum powder.

She wanted to know "how can fish breathe in water?" This one I know too but I wanted to explain it to her in a way she would understand with pictures. We went over how a fish has gills and it takes the oxygen out of the water. We went over a little how water is made of H2O hydrogen and oxygen.

If she is already almost stumping me on questions now, what is it going to be like in a few years?? I really hope Google is not going anywhere and stays consistent with correct answers.

This summer Trinity was watching some butterflies in the backyard. I went to Google and found some really good pictures of the life cycle of a butterfly. I was like "Trinity come here I want to show you something..." She looked at my life cycle and was like "Mom that is the life cycle of a butterfly. They start out as an egg, which hatches into a caterpillar, then they make a chrysalis and then the butterfly come out." So my fun little science project was not so fun because she already knew all about it.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

My kiddos say things to amaze me all the time and I just look at them and think, "When did you learn this?"
Big shout out to you for looking up 'correct' answers for her. I just wing it.