Friday, July 11, 2008

Directionally Challenged

Yup, directionally challenged is the best way to describe me.

Today the kids and I went out for a walk. I knew that there was a little store not too far away. My goal was to get to the store and buy the kids a little snack or something. I Googled mapped our neighborhood and found it. My next idea was to try and stay in the neighborhood where there are side walks the whole way.

I didn't tell the kids where we were going just in case my plan didn't work out. It was however, pretty easy to find the store. We only had to turn twice. Then on the way home I had to remember which ways we had turned. I was thinking "did we go the right way? It seems like if we turn again we would have turned too many times." I looked across the street and there was our red jeep, in our driveway, at our house =)

I was looking into getting a blackberry pearl cell phone just for the fact that it has the option of adding GPS. You pay an extra $9.99 more a month to make it a GPS. It might be worth it (for me). It will talk to you and give you turn by turn directions. Which seems nicer than just having a GPS in your car because it would be with you even when you don't have your car.


**Dominick found this snake in our front yard the other
day while he was mowing the lawn**
I never get this close to snakes but I thought it's blue eyes were pretty cool. Dominick took the picture while I was safely inside the house =)

1 comment:

Sarah Webb said...

I get lost a lot too.

Hey cool snake!