Monday, July 21, 2008

McEnulty reunion 2008

Saturday morning we got up and drove to Fort Stevens in Hammond, OR (just under 2 hours from our house) for a family reunion. The kids slept almost the whole way there which was very nice. Fort Stevens is a very nice park with a lot to do. They have trails all over for walking and bikes, you can rent paddle boats, canoes or kayaks. When we were there they had a little area set up where kids could learn to fish (for free).

Soon after we arrived at the park everyone started coming. There were a lot of people there, most I'd not seen since last years reunion. We ate and talked and the kids played and explored "the jungle." It's always fun to see how much the kids grow from year to year.

Dominick, the kids, and I stayed the night at the campground located in the park. Cousins and their kids plus my brothers and 2 of my nephews stayed the night also. It was fun we had a campfire and Jordon played some guitar and sang some songs for us. We drove to the graveyard where many of our family who have passed away are buried. We visited with them it was nice.

Before we headed home we visited the ship wreck. Which is always fun to do. My cousin and her kids plus her nephew came down with us to see the ship (or should I say part of the ship). Trinity got wet while we were there. She can't help but get wet if there is water anywhere. The car ride home was uneventful, the kids and I slept most of the way.

Can't wait until next year to do it again and go camping for a few night with the gang.

packed up and on our way
picnic area at Fort Stevens
yummy food
the kids playing
My little man blowing bubbles for the girls

The two Trinity's playing togetherShoes on in the water? Who's idea was this?
climbing trees
My brother Reverend Feathers
Trinity and another *T named girl (our family likes T names)
*I'm not sure if her mom wants her name on the internet*
playing on the shipwrecked ship
saying goodbye until next year probably

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so neat to see how the kids have gown. I really need to attend one of these reunions. Last I was there, some of these kids were not born yet. (I think you were pregnant with Trinity, that's how long ago it was)Lovely pictures :)Loooks like a fun time had by all.

Stephanie said...

Awwwww, the reunion. I'm still in that mode... getting the Family Phone Book together. It was fun and people ACTUALLY stayed for a LONG time and not just a quick bite to eat and off they go. It was so nice.

Sarah Webb said...

Looks like a great get-together! How nice that the kids slept the whole way there and back.

Wow, two Trinitys. That's not a common name.

Unknown said...

i know who let the kids in the water with there shoes.jackub and jared or jorden.but jackeup for shere.